Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Biometric login

Are there ANY biometric devices, like fingerprint readers/scanners, that can be used to login on the Mac? The Sony Puppy FIU-600/M seemed to fit the bill, but it is no longer available (I can't even find them on eBay). I've found plenty of devices that work on Windows. I've also found plenty of USB thumb drives with biometric security; however, none of them can be used to login to the OS.

Here's what I'm really looking for: I want my users to walk up to their Mac, swipe their fingerprint, and have it automatically log them in.

Are there any such devices currently available for the Mac? Any recommendations for alternatives?

Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Feb 1, 2007 10:00 AM

6 replies

Feb 8, 2007 4:13 PM in response to tkoym

This is still the Sony Puppy. You can still find it in some online retailers' catalogs, but it has been out of stock whenever I have called about it. And since Sony has removed all traces of the Mac version of the Puppy from their website I'm reluctant to put any stake in it even if I can find units for purchase.

Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Biometric login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.