Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Razer Deathstalker Keyboard. Win-Key no longer recognized.

I have been using a Razer Deathstalker keyboard since about 2010 on multiple computers and it's been working fine. The only issue I have had with it until now is that the windows key (option for osx), wont allow me to use bootcamp so you have to keep a second apple keyboard plugged in just for that option key during boot. I mention it because that may help isolate my bigger problem now.

I just trade my old razer mouse out (death adder), for a new one "Naga Trinity". In doing this I also removed the second apple keyboard and then installed Razer Synapse 1.82.35.

NOTE: I originally installed USB overdrive until I realized the Razer Synapse app worked on OSX. So, I uninstalled USB overdrive right after installing, then installed Razer Synapse. I may well have messed up something in this phase, but until now I haven't found it.

The main problem: my windows-key will not work at all on the Deathstalker Keyboard.

I can change the modifier keys in keyboard prefs and it seems that the main issue is that the windows key is simply not recognized.

Additionally, the keys on the side of the Naga Trinity seem to not work after programming them in either (photoshop & chrome).

Here's some pictures of the settings I'm at too.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

User uploaded file

I'm having a hard time isolating the cause of the "Windows key" no longer being recognized as 'option', or anything else. Any help?

I really hope that Razer and Apple can work together better as Apple enters the VR/AR space.

Mac Pro (Late 2013), macOS High Sierra (10.13.4), AMD FirePro D500 3 GB

Posted on May 14, 2018 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2018 5:43 PM

I called Razer support. It turns out that the Deathstalker required Synapse to be uninstalled, then go to the site, find the keyboard under support/drivers and re-download Synapse for osx. Then re-install and suddenly it worked...sort of. Once I finished that, it started pressing keys independently (holding down a for example), so I had to do yet another restart. Now it seems ok, but I'll give it a few days and verify if this indeed worked or not. Hope this helps someone else if they run into a similar problem.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2018 5:43 PM in response to jedoralive

I called Razer support. It turns out that the Deathstalker required Synapse to be uninstalled, then go to the site, find the keyboard under support/drivers and re-download Synapse for osx. Then re-install and suddenly it worked...sort of. Once I finished that, it started pressing keys independently (holding down a for example), so I had to do yet another restart. Now it seems ok, but I'll give it a few days and verify if this indeed worked or not. Hope this helps someone else if they run into a similar problem.

Razer Deathstalker Keyboard. Win-Key no longer recognized.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.