Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pdf Documents change language

I have an iBook, dual boot OS 9.2.2 / 10.2.4. Recently I installed a music sequencng program which runs in OS 9. The program came with some additional documentation, which are pdf files. The files open in Adobe Acrobat 5.0.5 (which happens to reside in the OSX applications folder).

I had no problem reading the documents until this morning, when I discovered that a few of them had spontaneously switched their language to French, icon titles included. The Acrobat preferences application language is set to English. I tried trashing the preference file, rebuilding the desktop, without any change.

Does anyone know what on earth could cause this? The same documents were in English last night. (?)

iMac G3, iBook G3, Mac OS 9.2.x, iMacG3: 400 MHz; 64 MB; 10 GB. iBookG3: 900 MHz; 640 MB; 40 GB

Posted on Feb 1, 2007 2:44 PM

2 replies

Feb 1, 2007 10:31 PM in response to motc

Okay, I'm really going with too little sleep lately...

But I discovered that of the 23 pdf documents in this folder, 4 were duplicated in French. The document I was reading last night was was titled "VST Instruments", and the one which I opened this morning, "Instruments VST", was in French. I just didn't catch the title discrepency. 3 others had titles that were obviously in another language.

As to why these documents were mixed in with the English ones, I have no idea.

Sorry for the post.

pdf Documents change language

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.