Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Says "Use Itunes to Restore"

hi

Yesterday I was listening on music and my ipod stoped.. now i can't do anything.

when i turn it on it shows the message "Use Itunes to restore".
When I connect it to my pc (windows xp) it can't detect it and consequently itunes doesn't detect it too =(
I tried to restore at school (using one of their computers with itunes) and I couldn't restore it cause windows didn't detect ipod.

any sugestion ?

Windows XP

Posted on Feb 1, 2007 3:15 PM

3 replies

Mar 23, 2007 11:22 PM in response to Jeff Bryan

hey i have a similar problem, and i tried what you said in order to avoid losing my music (b/c a lot of it is from other people's computers that i can't get again). itunes was recognizing my ipod before, but telling me it was in recovery mode and all of it's data was n/a. after putting it in disk mode, i connected it to my computer and itunes FINALLY recognized all of my ipod's name, info, music, etc. again. however, when i reset it to get it out of disk mode, it gives me that same error message to connect it to the computer and use itunes to restore; and once again itunes says it's in recovery mode. is there anything i can do, or am i just going to have to completely restore my ipod 😟

thanks!

Ipod Says "Use Itunes to Restore"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.