Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Other Way

I attempted to send the following directly to Apple, but it wouldn't allow me to. I am unsure of how else to get this to the Apple Company.

Hello,

I am writing because I have been fully raised in an MacIntosh/Apple/Mac Family. I clearly remember my father sitting me on his lap as a toddler in front of what was just a box with a floppy disk drive. Apple has provided many good memories for me growing up.

However, I am writing because I honestly feel as if the quality of Apple products has been severely suffering as of late. I remember my dad's old computer (the one mentioned above) lasting until about 4 or 5 years ago (he would plug it in sometimes and run it just to remember the good ol days). I remember my first macbook I got when I was a preteen (I had saved and bought it with my first job ever- all on my own, my first major purchase) and it lasted a little over ten years with no problem. Here at home I still have the very first Ipad (no camera) that had come out on the market, the Very First Ipod Touch (again- before cameras), the original green ipod nano along with several other (slightly newer) Apple Products. All of them have stood the trials of time wonderfully. We still use them on a regular basis and they were even handed down to my oldest a couple of years ago ( I don’t believe in buying the latest and most expensive items for kids) and all of the items have done extremely well.

I am one, as you can tell that handles all of my items with pride and care. However, I have become disappointed with the quality of Apple as of recent. I bought a Apple Ipad Mini (generation 2) about 2 years ago and it has already begun giving us problems and glitching and will not upgrade to the latest iOS. I have had several iphones and feel as if the quality is pretty much nothing as I have had to have several repairs made and calls. I now have a iphone 5S that is starting to give me problems and it is a hand me down iphone that had never been brought out of its Lifeproof case from the point and time it was brought and seemed as new with not one bump, bruise or scratch. He had also surprisingly never dropped it. I have been having problems as of late with the fingerprint recognition, the battery, speed the operating software and speaker.

I have found Apple is supporting older products for less time with each upgrade they complete. For the expense of Apple products, I consider this highly annoying. A lot of friends and family have begun switching to android products. In many cases, we use and depend on our phones in each and every aspect of our lives. The most recent transition to Android was by my best friend. She received an iphone that was two years old (again- a hand me down) and it completely stopped working about 4 months later. She had to buy another phone out of her savings and went to a Moto X. She loves it and it is less than half the cost with more features! There are even conspiracies going around that Apple is creating lower quality phones and selling them at a higher price with a shorter length of software, feature and gadget support time to ensure the market and a higher selling rate. Let me assure you from what I have been seeing surrounding me that if this is the case Apple needs to look at going back to the old way of thinking. You are slowly, but surely losing business with the raise in gas prices (along with the raise of various other living expenses). This saddens me. As I have stated, my phone is already beginning to let me down. The life of apple products has gone from about 10-15 years on average to approximately 2-4. If my iphone cannot be inexpensively repaired, I may also have no choice but to go to android and am already having to look into it and plan, because it looks like my phone may not last much longer.

Saddened Apple Enthusiast,

Jennifer

Posted on May 19, 2018 10:22 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

No Other Way

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.