Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BRAND NEW ipad pro charges very slowly

Hi! Today I just purchased an iPad Pro 12.9 inch 256 GB storage, absolutely brand new from the apple store.

I am new to iPads but it charges extremely slow. It felt like an hour to get from 70 percent to 80. It’s charging right now and it took forever to charge 1 percent even. I will be using this ipad a lot on the go so it needs to charge at a reasonable speed. I am using the charger that came with the iPad. No apps were using significant energy.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is it faulty? I’d hate to schedule a Genius Bar appointment right after buying this thing, but I will if it seems like it’s somehow messed up.

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.3, Brand new today

Posted on May 19, 2018 8:25 PM

6 replies

May 20, 2018 11:38 AM in response to bricat7

bricat7 wrote:

Im also just wondering if its possible my charger is faulty, or if it taking more than an hour to charge 10 percent is normal.

I honestly don't know if taking an hour to go from 70 to 80 percent is unusual. I don't think so.

For the future, however, understand that charging does go somewhat faster when the battery is lower; e.g., it should be faster to charge from 10% to 20% than it would be to charge from 80% to 90%.

Personally, I avoid the issue by charging often rather than hoping to charge quickly. I don't wait for the battery to get very low before starting to charge.

If you have doubts about your iPad's health, then do visit an Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service Center and let them check it out.

BRAND NEW ipad pro charges very slowly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.