Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pinwheel After Login

Hello All,

In hopes that I don't lose my data or my computer isn't just a large paperweight, my issue is that after I login my computer will load up everything just fine however if I try to do anything it goes to pinwheel. Before this issue when it was working I had safari open and I believe the battery died. So far I was able to quit and relaunch Finder before, I've reset the PRAM, run desk utilities and cleared an apparent block issue, and tried starting in safe boot but I get the same result of a pinwheel after I try to do anything. I've gone the route of getting the PID for safari and finder and killing them both in terminal and that did nothing. Running out of ideas..

Posted on May 22, 2018 7:32 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 22, 2018 8:18 PM in response to MarkMurphy

Hello Mark,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you are encountering some performance issues with your Mac. I would be happy to help. Since the behavior happens when started in safe mode, the next step would be to check if you have incompatible login items:

macOS Sierra: If you think you have incompatible login items

If you have not already done so, try to reset your SMC as well:

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

While the following resource is for help when your Mac runs slowly, it provides some additional troubleshooting steps to try if the above steps do not resolve your issue:

macOS Sierra: If your Mac runs slowly

Keep us posted with what happens from here. Cheers!

Pinwheel After Login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.