Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Powerbank for (Mid 2012) MBP

Hi. I am looking for a way to get a powerbank for my Macbook Pro (mid 2012) version. I tried finding an older type powerbank with the "L" shaped MagSafe input for charing, but had no luck. Then, I searched for a powerbank with a socket input so that I could simply charge through my original charger. This proved difficult, because I live in Norway and we only use 230v F type sockets. I managed to find one such powerbank (Yeti 150), but that monster weighed over 5kgs...

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can accomplish this? Tips to new ways to charge my macbook from a powerbank will be appriciated, as well as different powerbanks I havent managed to find. Thank you.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), iOS 11

Posted on May 24, 2018 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2018 2:26 PM

Lenmar ChugPlug. They supply AC power (around 100V) to the existing MagSafe adapter. They can charge off of 100-240V but need an Apple duck head.

The one caveat is that they’ve been discontinued for a while. They’re really cheap, but the batteries might suffer from being stuck in a box self discharging.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2018 2:26 PM in response to Pjulius94

Lenmar ChugPlug. They supply AC power (around 100V) to the existing MagSafe adapter. They can charge off of 100-240V but need an Apple duck head.

The one caveat is that they’ve been discontinued for a while. They’re really cheap, but the batteries might suffer from being stuck in a box self discharging.

Powerbank for (Mid 2012) MBP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.