Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird charging issue w/ macbook pro

Hello!

So a while ago I'd been noticing my macbook pro charger (basically this type of charger) had stopped charging around certain outlets in my home. I thought they were possibly faulty somehow or simply didn't have the correct amount of voltage to charge it so I moved to newer ones and it worked just fine, other times I'd just have to wait a few seconds for the light in my charger to turn green and begin charging. Until this Monday when it refused to charge in any outlets around the house. I was obviously worried but I let it be for about two days thinking I'd take it to the shop until I tried connecting it one last time and to my surprise, it charged. I let it charge to 100% and then turned it off and unplugged the charger. After I used it and tried to charge it again it went back to not charging until I moved the intersection of the charger for a bit but now I'm afraid to move it or unplug it. Any Ideas on what I can do? Thank you!

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 24, 2018 9:49 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

May 24, 2018 10:34 PM in response to Lianadrathal

Lianadrathal wrote:

Any Ideas on what I can do? Thank you!

Sure. Get an Apple OEM power adapter. I'm skeptical about the quality of any non-OEM power adapter that claims to be MagSafe compatible. I've heard of aftermarket ones burning a hole in the floor.

That being said, it could be the AC power cord. That looks like a non-polarized (i.e. reversible) C7 connector.

Weird charging issue w/ macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.