Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why my Apple watch série 3 doesn’t pause when I stop cycling or running?

the “Auto pause“ on the watch doesn’t works at all

Posted on May 24, 2018 11:42 PM

3 replies

May 25, 2018 3:25 PM in response to Clem_Ha

Hello Clem_Ha,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, your Apple Watch doesn't pause during workouts as expected. To help with this issue, follow the steps in these Apple resources to help calibrate your Apple Watch so it knows when you pause. Also you can manually pause workouts by pressing the side button and the Digital Crown at the same time or swiping right on the workout screen, then tap Pause. To continue, tap Resume.

Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy
Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch
Start your workout - Apple Watch

Cheers!

May 26, 2018 7:12 AM in response to Clem_Ha

Thanks for replying, Clem_Ha, and that additional info. Looking at this Apple resource, automatically pausing is only for running workouts and here is more info:

Pause running workouts automatically. Open the Apple Watch app on iPhone, tap My Watch, tap Workout, then turn on Running Auto Pause. Apple Watch automatically pauses and resumes your outdoor running workout—for example, if you stop to cross the street or get a drink of water.

Adjust your workout settings - Apple Watch User Guide

Have a great day and thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Why my Apple watch série 3 doesn’t pause when I stop cycling or running?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.