Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So im using the iphone SE. Im pretty sure this is a cellular device. Correct me if im wrong but doesnt it seem “we todd did” that i cannot back up the device unless on wifi, and i cant dowoad half the apps i want because it requires wifi?

If I’m using a cellular device I should be able to use it...... cellularly.... If I wanted to be stuck on WiFi, I’d use my home pc. Apple has made some poor decisions with there systems but these 2 are almost unbearable.

Posted on May 25, 2018 12:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2018 2:06 AM

it's by design likely for people not to end up with a huge bill if their carrier charge a lot pr. MB downloaded

you can inform apple of your opinion of their design decision using their feedback channel

Feedback - iPhone - Apple

2 replies

May 25, 2018 2:20 AM in response to Rudegar

Sure , it’s not a mystery why, what we need is an option to turn st.up.id.ity off. Ruining the functionality of a device for a ‘just in case’ scenario is the kind of thing you would expect from chin dribblers not Apple. As far as the proper place to post such a thing, this seems like the most likely place for an android smart, tech savy, troubleshooter to give me the work about Apple failed to deliver properly. Also I imagine they must read this, a complaints page where this is already punched In 500000000 times is just another drop in the bucket. Its 2018 Apple, who doesn’t have unlimited data, use the force and fix it, pretend it was your idea. Uphold cellular device functionality on cellular network like its intended to be. You make a great gaming device, fastest by far in mobile, but how useful is it if we cannot download the game or back up the data. If u start over on this, your customers wont have to start over every app they cannot recover just in case they were a member of the last remaining idiots without unlimited data. Thank you...

So im using the iphone SE. Im pretty sure this is a cellular device. Correct me if im wrong but doesnt it seem “we todd did” that i cannot back up the device unless on wifi, and i cant dowoad half the apps i want because it requires wifi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.