Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i delete my photos from icloud without deleting them from my documents

how can i delete photos from icloud without deleting them from my desktop documents. photos got automatically copied into apple icloud with some update. i did not install them into icloud and it appears that i would need an iphone or ipad to switch back which i do not have. then can i then safely uninstall icloud or all apple apps from my computer enitrely.

Windows 10

Posted on May 25, 2018 4:01 AM

2 replies

May 25, 2018 8:54 AM in response to mmhynds2018

See these article Get help with your iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

How do I delete photos and videos from a device using iCloud Photo Library?

If you want to remove photos and videos from all your iOS devices, your Mac, and iCloud.com, you can delete them in the Photos app.

When you delete a photo or video from your Photos app, it also deletes from your iCloud Photo Library and iCloud storage. You can recover your photos and videos from the Recently Deleted album for 30 days.

To delete an item from iCloud Photo Library, just delete it from your Photos library: while viewing the photos in a moment, select the item you want to delete and press Delete.

Deleted photos and videos aren’t immediately removed from your library; they’re placed in the Recently Deleted album, where they remain for the number of days shown, and then are deleted. You can remove the items immediately using the steps below. Once the items are removed permanently, they’re no longer available on any device that uses iCloud Photo Library.

1. To immediately delete photos from the Recently Deleted album, click Recently Deleted under Albums in the sidebar.
  2. Select the items you want to delete and click Delete [number] items.
  3. Click OK.
  4. User uploaded file
  5. User uploaded file

how do i delete my photos from icloud without deleting them from my documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.