Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help me decipher this Kernel Panic

I'm on OS 10.13.3 and my Mac Mini keep shutting itself down only when i use Avid ProTools Ultimate.
Could you help me understand why?

Thanks a lot in advance

Here's the Kernel Panic Report: KPR.rtf - Google Drive

Mac mini (Late 2012), macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on May 25, 2018 1:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2018 6:07 AM

A Page Fault could be a memory problem, but first thing to do is uninstall all of these:

com.sourceelements.driver.SourceNexus.single 1.1.2

com.waves.driver.soundgrid 9.7.99

tc.tctechnologies.driver.Saffire 4.3.0 41017

com.kensington.trackballworks.driver 1.3.0

Once you have removed them following the developer's uninstall instructions or using their uninstaller, test to see if you still get panics.

If the panics don't happen, start reinstalling them one-at-a-time until you get panics again. That is the problem driver. Check the developer's web site for updates or solutions.

If the panics do not go away after uninstalling all of those things, then it could be a RAM problem. You can test that with the Apple Diagnostics or http://www.kelleycomputing.net/rember/

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2018 6:07 AM in response to dario.ramaglia

A Page Fault could be a memory problem, but first thing to do is uninstall all of these:

com.sourceelements.driver.SourceNexus.single 1.1.2

com.waves.driver.soundgrid 9.7.99

tc.tctechnologies.driver.Saffire 4.3.0 41017

com.kensington.trackballworks.driver 1.3.0

Once you have removed them following the developer's uninstall instructions or using their uninstaller, test to see if you still get panics.

If the panics don't happen, start reinstalling them one-at-a-time until you get panics again. That is the problem driver. Check the developer's web site for updates or solutions.

If the panics do not go away after uninstalling all of those things, then it could be a RAM problem. You can test that with the Apple Diagnostics or http://www.kelleycomputing.net/rember/

Help me decipher this Kernel Panic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.