Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to buy an additional 50GB of iCloud space for £0.79 each month. However, if I cancel the subscription, will I lose the 50GB of data or some of the space that I have already used up?

I want to buy an additional 50GB of iCloud space for £0.79 each month. However, if I cancel the subscription, will I lose the 50GB of data or some of the space that I have already used up?

Posted on May 25, 2018 3:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2018 3:15 AM

To buy a total (not additional amount) of 50GB you need to subscribe at the requisite amount each month. If you terminate the subscription your space will be reduced to the free level of 5GB, and any data exceeding 5GB will be deleted (there may be a short grace period). Unfortunately it's not possible to determine exactly what part of your data would be deleted.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2018 3:15 AM in response to Khalid_sheffield

To buy a total (not additional amount) of 50GB you need to subscribe at the requisite amount each month. If you terminate the subscription your space will be reduced to the free level of 5GB, and any data exceeding 5GB will be deleted (there may be a short grace period). Unfortunately it's not possible to determine exactly what part of your data would be deleted.

May 25, 2018 3:16 AM in response to Khalid_sheffield

What happens when you decrease your storage plan

When you downgrade your iCloud storage plan, the storage decrease takes effect after your current monthly or annual subscription ends.*

If you downgrade or cancel your storage plan and the content that you’re storing in iCloud exceeds your available storage, new photos and videos won’t upload to iCloud Photo Library, files will no longer upload in iCloud Drive, and your iOS devices will stop backing up. Learn how to manage your storage by deleting backups, documents, photos, and email messages that you don’t need anymore.

If you downgrade to the free plan, you'll have 5GB of storage.

May 25, 2018 3:23 AM in response to ckuan

Thanks for your reply. So I will have to pay £0.79 on a monthly basis for ever. Otherwise, once I stop paying it the storage gets decreased to 5GB and everything that exceeds 5GB is lost?

An example is if I sign up to the 50GB and decide after a year to stop paying, once I have used up around 20GB. 15GB of data will be lost with the exception of the free 5GB?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.