Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New mac running High Sierra audio and video out of sync

Recently purchased a new iMac 27" desktop. Memory: 6 GB 2400 MHz DDR4. Processor: 3.8 GHz Intel Core i5.

The one BIG bug is that the audio and video are not synchronized. Doesn't matter if it's YouTube, Vimeo or Vevo or whatever. Drives me crazy. Do not know how to even begin to fix this as I am not a technologically oriented person. Any suggestions?

imac

Posted on May 25, 2018 6:16 AM

3 replies

May 25, 2018 8:42 AM in response to jakie49

Hi, jakie,

Can you provide more information?

What version of iMovie are you running? Are you talking about embedded audio or added background audio? Are the video and audio synced on your camera playback, or when you play the movie in your project preview, or when you share out the movie to your desktop? Is it out of sync from frame 1, or does it gradually get out of sync? What audio format is the clip? What is your camera brand and model?

-- Rich

May 26, 2018 5:03 AM in response to Rich839

Hi Rich, Thanks for your prompt reply. Nah, this has nothing to do with iMovie or clips that I am shooting, sorry if I wasn't clearer. Recently got a new iMac desktop, 27" with lots of memory. But when I try to watch a music video on YouTube, or Vevo, or whatever, the voices are out of sync with the video. Should be a simple fix, I thought, but I've done hours of searching on the web to no avail. One solution is to migrate to Chrome and there's a built-in adjustment type bar on You Tube. Did not have the problem with the iMac this one replaced, so the problem is not connectivity or speed. Any other suggestions, Rich?

New mac running High Sierra audio and video out of sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.