Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Problems

Since I upgraded to High Sierra, iCloud messed up all the accounts on my computer. Stuff got copied from one account into the other. This happened even though I skipped setting up iCloud during the upgrade. Is there any way to get rid of iCloud or is it absolutely required with High Sierra? I was very happy without iCloud.

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on May 25, 2018 6:12 AM

3 replies

May 25, 2018 1:26 PM in response to LarryHN

Thank you very much for your quick response. If I understand you right, I don’t have to sign in to iCloud in System Preferences if I don’t want to use it.

Unfortunately, with my other computer I had activated iCloud because I thought this was necessary with the new upgrade and that is when everything got mixed up in my accounts. Now I signed out of that iCloud account. Will this prevent iCloud to further get involved in any way or should I have removed all the checkmarks before I signed out? I am just afraid to ever sign in again.

iCloud Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.