Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

moving to sierra.

Hi all, just a few questions surrounding moving to sierra from Yosemite..

I have bought a new macbook pro 13" and wish to migrate my data over from my old macbook running yosemite.. However i dont really want to use time machine to do that, i prefer to just drag over my documents from my backups onto the fresh OS.. so my questions are these:

1. Itunes. If i wish to simply drag over my music & the playlists to organise my music to a fresh itunes library in sierra, what would be the best way to do that?

2. I would like to continue using aperture, but when i try to load 3.0.3 onto sierra it says i may damage the OS if i do this.. im wondering if i should ignore this and proceed. and then upgrade to 3.6 once its loaded on..?

Altenately if i wish to drag my aperture library over and start to use 'photos'. how would i export my aperture library and import into photos... neatly?

3. I would like to continue using CS6.. is this possible in sierra?

Thanks for your help.

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on May 25, 2018 6:57 AM

There are no replies.

moving to sierra.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.