Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPhone 7 from Sprint and my Amber alerts keep going off but there's no option to turn them off at the bottom of the Notification menu

No options to turn off Amber alerts User uploaded file

Posted on May 25, 2018 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2018 5:04 PM

Greetings, S1981JC.

It appears that you've received an Amber Alert on your iPhone 7. The problem is, it keeps going off. But, when you check Notifications, the setting is missing. I'm happy to help.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Restart your iPhone. Once it's returned to the Home screen, see if the setting is there.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- If restarting your iPhone didn't resolve the issue, please be sure to have a fresh backup to keep your personal information safe. In order to back up your Health data, the backup needs to be encrypted. iCloud does this automatically, but iTunes doesn't. If you'd like to use iTunes to back up your iPhone, refer to this article: About encrypted backups in iTunes

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Even though the title of the article isn't specific to your issue, the section titled "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" will walk you through all the steps to reinstall the iOS software on your device. Check for the setting once again.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2018 5:04 PM in response to Community User

Greetings, S1981JC.

It appears that you've received an Amber Alert on your iPhone 7. The problem is, it keeps going off. But, when you check Notifications, the setting is missing. I'm happy to help.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Restart your iPhone. Once it's returned to the Home screen, see if the setting is there.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- If restarting your iPhone didn't resolve the issue, please be sure to have a fresh backup to keep your personal information safe. In order to back up your Health data, the backup needs to be encrypted. iCloud does this automatically, but iTunes doesn't. If you'd like to use iTunes to back up your iPhone, refer to this article: About encrypted backups in iTunes

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Even though the title of the article isn't specific to your issue, the section titled "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" will walk you through all the steps to reinstall the iOS software on your device. Check for the setting once again.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

I have an iPhone 7 from Sprint and my Amber alerts keep going off but there's no option to turn them off at the bottom of the Notification menu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.