Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Antivírusový program

Zdravím vás

Chcem sa opýtať na dobrý antivírusový program, ktorý by ste mi odporučili nainstalovat na MacBook Pro

A či existuje aj nejaký balík, ktorý je na viac zariadení. Ako ponúka napríklad Eset, ale oni nemajú v balíku zahrnutý operačný systém iOS.

Vhodný balík pre mňa by bol keby mal zahrnutý antivírusový program na macOS a iOS no nevylučujem s podporou na android či Windows

Ďakujem za odpoveď

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

May 25, 2018 8:12 AM in response to peter luptak In response to peter luptak

Do not install any antivirus program on the mac.

The existing antivirus are a scam. They do not protect you, and they cause all sorts of performance problems.

The built-in mac security, together with a sensible user, is what is required.

There are zero mac viruses in the wild. The existing malware is of the social engineering variety - inducing the user to visit fraudulent sites, etc. None of the antiviruses offers any protection agains that.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies
Question marked as Helpful

May 25, 2018 8:12 AM in response to peter luptak In response to peter luptak

Do not install any antivirus program on the mac.

The existing antivirus are a scam. They do not protect you, and they cause all sorts of performance problems.

The built-in mac security, together with a sensible user, is what is required.

There are zero mac viruses in the wild. The existing malware is of the social engineering variety - inducing the user to visit fraudulent sites, etc. None of the antiviruses offers any protection agains that.

May 25, 2018 8:12 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

May 25, 2018 7:59 AM in response to peter luptak In response to peter luptak

peter luptak wrote:

Zdravím vás

Chcem sa opýtať na dobrý antivírusový program, ktorý by ste mi odporučili nainstalovat na MacBook Pro

A či existuje aj nejaký balík, ktorý je na viac zariadení. Ako ponúka napríklad Eset, ale oni nemajú v balíku zahrnutý operačný systém iOS.

Vhodný balík pre mňa by bol keby mal zahrnutý antivírusový program na macOS a iOS no nevylučujem s podporou na android či Windows

Ďakujem za odpoveď

Greetings

I want to ask about a good antivirus program that you would recommend installing on your MacBook Pro

And whether there is a package that is on multiple devices. For example, Eset offers, but they do not include the iOS operating system.

A suitable package for me would have been if an antivirus program included on macOS and iOS but I would not exclude support for android or windows

Thank you for your response

Short answer is NO

Take a look at these threads (there are many)

Do I really need and antivirus program for my laptop?

Anti virus program recommendation ?

Do I need an anti virus for my Mac Air

Do I need malware or antivirus software for my Mac if I have up to date OS X El Capitan?

Anti Virus

May 25, 2018 7:59 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: peter luptak

Question: Antivírusový program