Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fusion hard drive not partitioning

when i tried to partitioning my fusion hard drive this message popes up. how do i solve this problem. thank you.User uploaded file

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on May 25, 2018 9:07 AM

2 replies

May 25, 2018 9:38 AM in response to marwanelbeialy

How to fix a split Fusion Drive

Before you begin

If you're not sure that your Mac was configured with a Fusion Drive, or that the drive has been split:

1. Disconnect any external storage devices that are connected to your Mac.
  2. Choose Apple () menu > About This Mac, then click the Storage tab.
    • If you see a drive labeled Fusion Drive, your Fusion Drive is working and this article doesn't apply to you.
    • If you have an Apple Fusion Drive that has been split, you should see two drives. One of them should be labeled Flash Storage, with a capacity of 24GB, 32GB, or 128GB. The other should be at least 1TB in size.

May 25, 2018 1:42 PM in response to marwanelbeialy

Fusion drives are notoriously difficult at being controlled/partitioned/whatever. Do you already have a partition created (for Windows, for instance)? If so, you can only have two partitions on a Fusion drive.

About Fusion Drive, a storage option for some Mac computers - Apple Support

If it does appear as having been split, follow the directions in the link provided previously.

fusion hard drive not partitioning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.