Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Local calls in Ontario showing as International

Example: My local area code is (416)

Local calls will usually come in as (416) XXX-XXXX

Well now they are showing up as +41 6 XXX XXXX

So when looking at it and hitting the indication of a missed call or to call back you would be calling "Switzerland" (Country Code +41) rather then it being local.

I called apple care who blames the issue on my Cell Provider "Bell" and when I call Bell they tell me to call you guessed it, Apple Care.

After 3 hours on the phone with both reinitializing my phone with my provider and reseting my phone setting and preferences with Apple care I have given up.

I have had this issue in the past and it was resolved. Don't remember how but it is an issue that I am not alone on. A quick goole search will provide you will a few people who had this problem but to date I have not seen a clear cut solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance for your time in you reply.

Posted on May 25, 2018 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2018 7:34 AM

Check Settings>Phone>Dial Assist. Is it on or off? Try reversing the setting.

Try resetting your network settings. Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. You'll lose your saved WiFi pass words but nothing else.

Similar questions

1 reply

Local calls in Ontario showing as International

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.