Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automator Filter Finder Items Super Slow

I have the following workflow which is working fine but each filter finder item step can take around 11 seconds to load, does anyone know what can be done to make it faster?

The workflow move name specific files into specific folders. I have 26 jpgs ending with -01.jpg to -26 jpg and I need each of them to go to folder A to Z respectively. I want this workflow to ask for any new files I am making in any folders and place them in their relative subfolders as I will be making new ones all the time. I am currently creating a variable with the items I asked for, then copy each specific file to designated folder, and trash all files at the end. I am making two workflow dealing with 13 jpgs at a time.

I have tried using Find Finder Items with variable, it is much faster but it ends up gathers ALL files instead of the name specific file. I would drag the variable I created into the search box. Not sure what was made wrong.

Below are the screenshots of the first few and last few steps. I am new to automator and any help is appreciated.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on May 25, 2018 7:59 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Automator Filter Finder Items Super Slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.