Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Mini 1 won't load graphically-intensive IOS 9 games

My iPad Mini 1, running IOS 9.3.5, won't run some graphically-intensive IOS 9 games I've downloaded from the App Store.

when I try to run Revolution, Infinite Shooting or Breakneck, I either get to clicking 'Start' in the game and then IOS returns me to the home screen, or I get to returned to the home screen just after clicking the icon.

I've only used half the storage in my iPad and I've tried hard resetting the iPad, resetting network settings and changing Wi-Fi network but nothing works.

Another game I've got (Swordigo) is also graphically-intensive but runs every time.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks

Paul

iPad Mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 9.3.3

Posted on May 25, 2018 9:31 AM

1 reply

May 25, 2018 12:47 PM in response to paul_liverpoolfc

How much free data storage space is left on your iPad?

iDevices need to maintain, at least, 3 GBs, OR GREATER, of free data storage space.

In Settings app, General settings panel, turn OFF Background App Refresh for any apps you feel do not need constant data updating/Internet updating in the background when not using the an app OR turn OFF Background App Refresh entirely/globally for the entire device.

Do the same in the Settings app under Notifications.Turn off notifications for apps you do not think you need notifications for and/or edit the different ways you receive notifications to help with performance by not always using all the notification methods together.

In Settings app under Mail, you may want to set a longer fetch time or set your iOS Mail app to only manually fetch your mail ONLY when you launch the iOS Mail app.

In Settings app, under General settings, Reset panel, at the right bottom of the list, Reset All Settings.

In Settings app or from the iOS Control Panel, turn OFF Bluetooth when not using any Bluetooth devices.

Also, in general, if you want a faster IDevice, on all of my iDevices, I turn off most of the iOS motion graphics eye candy, by simply turning ON Reduce Motion in Settings app, General, Accessibilty settings.

Make sure you aren't running 20 to 50 OR MORE background apps in the iOS 11 Control Panel/App Switcher.

If you are, you need to quit the bulk of these background running apps by tap and hold a finger on an app window in the switcher and slide your finger upwards to quit an app. You should be able to use more than one finger to quit more than one app window simultaneously.

Also, make sure you don’t have 20 OR MORE of active website tabs running in the web browser.

If you do, greatly reduce the amount of active website tabs your web browser.

Some minority of user have been turning ON and leaving ON iCloud backups continuously backing up on a constant and daily basis.

If you are one of these users, in Settings App, tap your Apple ID, then tap iCloud, then find iCloud backup and turn off iCloud backup and only turn this on to do daily backups either when you are not using your iPad for a prolonged period of time (like when you are sleeping), then turn iCloud backups OFF when actually using your iPad.

OR

Only perform your backups on a lesser time schedule.( like twice a week, once a week, once every two weeks, once a month, etc.).

Any large amount of background running apps or active processes that have to constantly go out to the Web to fetch data ALL THE TIME is going to slow down ANY iDevice.

In addition to all of the possible fixes and solutions presented, I suggest go into Settings, General, Accessibility, Increase Contrast and turn ON Reduce Transparency.

Your iPad won’t look as pretty, but iPad speed will improve considerably.

If you don’t like this look, then, turn OFF Reduce Transparency, but the additional speed boost will go away, as well.

Good Luck to You!

iPad Mini 1 won't load graphically-intensive IOS 9 games

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.