Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing to DVD in Final Cut Pro X

When sharing a project to DVD in Final Cut Pro X (version 10.3.4) and using chapter markers and one of the in-built disc templates for the menu, the disc produced defaults to showing subtitles and these have to be explicitly switched off. When sharing to Blu-ray disc the default for subtitles is 'off', which is what I would expect.

Is there any way to change this default behaviour when sharing to DVD?

Also, is there a limit on the number of chapter markers that can be used?

If I exceed 5, I can only access the first 4 chapters and when I select one of the later ones, the disc plays from the start.

Final Cut Pro X, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on May 25, 2018 8:52 AM

2 replies

May 25, 2018 9:44 AM in response to DavidJohnG

DavidJohnG wrote:

When sharing a project to DVD in Final Cut Pro X (version 10.3.4) and using chapter markers and one of the in-built disc templates for the menu, the disc produced defaults to showing subtitles and these have to be explicitly switched off. When sharing to Blu-ray disc the default for subtitles is 'off', which is what I would expect.

Is there any way to change this default behaviour when sharing to DVD?

Also, is there a limit on the number of chapter markers that can be used?

If I exceed 5, I can only access the first 4 chapters and when I select one of the later ones, the disc plays from the start.

I don't know about the subtitles, but I just tried a dvd with 8 chapter markers and they were all available on the dvd menu, and navigation using either the chapter buttons on the menu or by pressing the arrow keys during playback worked as expected.

Sharing to DVD in Final Cut Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.