Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot find the right mains charger with the same magnetic connector for my MacBook pro (mid2012)

I cannot find the right mains charger with the same magnetic connector for my MacBook pro (mid2012)

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012)

Posted on May 25, 2018 10:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2018 4:08 PM

If you need a replacement power adapter for your MacBook, go here: Find the right power adapter and cable for your Mac notebook - Apple Support

Click through the article & it will show you which one you need. I suspect it's the MagSafe (not the newer MagSafe 2).

You may have to order it online; stores tend to just carry items compatible with current models. If an Apple store is nearby, stopping by with the computer and asking about purchasing a power cord would be worthwhile.

~Lyssa

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2018 4:08 PM in response to AnnaHillr4

If you need a replacement power adapter for your MacBook, go here: Find the right power adapter and cable for your Mac notebook - Apple Support

Click through the article & it will show you which one you need. I suspect it's the MagSafe (not the newer MagSafe 2).

You may have to order it online; stores tend to just carry items compatible with current models. If an Apple store is nearby, stopping by with the computer and asking about purchasing a power cord would be worthwhile.

~Lyssa

May 28, 2018 8:23 AM in response to AnnaHillr4

These power supplies are universal, and self-adapting to power from 110 Volts to 240 Volts and 50 or 60 Hz. No transformer is needed.

All power adapters made by Apple are modular, and can be changed for different power inputs just by changing the wall-plug adapter. The part attached to the power adapter "brick" and plugs into the wall is modular, and slides off.

There are versions for your popular local plug modules in two types. One is a very small module that is not grounded. The other is a 6 foot cord that is grounded.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.