Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring as brand new phone

My iPhone 8 Plus is a victim of the latest Apple Update. I have been advised by Support that I should reset the phone and set it up as a new phone. Can I still restore my information from iCloud if I set up my phone as new?

Posted on May 25, 2018 8:44 AM

3 replies

May 25, 2018 9:31 AM in response to jeterphoto

jeterphoto wrote:

My iPhone 8 Plus is a victim of the latest Apple Update. I have been advised by Support that I should reset the phone and set it up as a new phone. Can I still restore my information from iCloud if I set up my phone as new?

You can restore back what you sync with icloud, however restoring from your icloud backup would defeat the purpose of restoring as new. Syncing and backing up to icloud are 2 different things.

May 25, 2018 9:58 AM in response to jeterphoto

jeterphoto wrote:

I was told by support to restore as new and I was assured I could retrieve everything back from iCloud as well as apps and all of my data. True or not?

If Apple is telling you to do this as a troubleshooting tips, then backup to icloud and restore your phone as new.

You can then sync data back from icloud, to see what you sync with icloud sign into icloud.com. on a web browser.

You don't restore from your icloud backup because that defeats the purpose of restoring the phone as new.

Restoring as brand new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.