Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help unlocking SE phone via iTunes

My carrier for my SE iPhone is Consumer Cellular.

Consumer says I have to unlock my phone via iTunes.

iTunes says the carrier needs to unlock the phone.

When I went to overseas last year, I was told my phone was locked and would not take a new sim. ?

I know my passcode, etc. So does anyone know what to do. I don't see any link on iTunes to unlock. The carrier says their should be. thank you.

Posted on May 25, 2018 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2018 2:25 PM

The carrier needs to initiate the Unlock request. When they tell you the request has been processed, then you can use iTunes to restore your iPhone to factory condition to complete the unlock, and iTunes will tell you if the unlock has been successful.

See here for details: How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2018 2:25 PM in response to BonesDonovan

The carrier needs to initiate the Unlock request. When they tell you the request has been processed, then you can use iTunes to restore your iPhone to factory condition to complete the unlock, and iTunes will tell you if the unlock has been successful.

See here for details: How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

User uploaded file

May 25, 2018 2:21 PM in response to BonesDonovan

BonesDonovan wrote:

My carrier for my SE iPhone is Consumer Cellular.

Consumer says I have to unlock my phone via iTunes.

iTunes says the carrier needs to unlock the phone.

When I went to overseas last year, I was told my phone was locked and would not take a new sim. ?

I know my passcode, etc. So does anyone know what to do. I don't see any link on iTunes to unlock. The carrier says their should be. thank you.

If Consumer has made an unlocked to your phone, then you will need to plug it in to your computer and use iTunes to restore it as new, and you will get a message saying congrats your phone is now unlocked.

How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

Need help unlocking SE phone via iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.