Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Regarding bluetooth connectivity

hey everyone,

so i use iphone 6s+ and ipad pro 10.5 with 11.3.1 ios in both.i was able to connect both these devices until two weeks back and suddenly none of my devices rcognise the other. I have tried all the possible suggestions on various google pages but nothing seems to workout for me. I dread to think that suddenly both my devices have gone for a toss. i wouldnt be able to take this shock. Can someone please help me.

I have tried:

resetting the network

forgetting the devices

switching bluetooth on and off from both control panel and the toggle bar

hard boots

none seem to help. Suddnly my devices dont recognise one another.

In dire need of help. Thanks

shahnaz

iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on May 25, 2018 12:01 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

May 25, 2018 12:26 PM in response to shahnazfrommankato

I suspect this isn't what you are asking about since it has never been possible, but just in case, be aware that an iPhone will not pair via Bluetooth to a computer (Mac or Windows) or an iPad except for personal hotspot and then only if your cellular plan supports it. See the following for more information. Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or iPad with another iOS device or with my computer?

If you are attempting to use Handoff/Continuity or AirDrop, that does involve Bluetooth but the devices are NOT paired; Bluetooth just needs to be on and the devices in range of each other. The following may help with Handoff/Continuity issues: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204681

May 25, 2018 12:37 PM in response to FoxFifth

I am attempting to use the Airdrop and the devices are not even discovering (though turned on) one another and so the pairing isnt happening either. The two are right netx to one another yet nothing seems to be working. I tried a while back with my sisters iphone 7 and her phone too isnt detecting either my iphone or my ipad.

Strangely, about 1.5 to 2 weeks back I was airdropping files from my iphone to my ipad without any issue. Dont know what happened all of a sudden. I dont recall updating the software since its the latest 11.3.1..and all my apps are up to date in both my devices. 😒

Regarding bluetooth connectivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.