Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are these emails legitimate?

I received a couple of emails supposedly from Apple.

These are the two email addresses they sent the emails from:

nanoceo.supportemiua2018updates.appdesupport-1139227769@appl-support8172.com

And:

KTrvSj2t-Apple-service-KTrvSj2t-no-reply@mail-profile-information.com

I am sceptical of their credibility but wanted to double check since it says I had someone access my account from Indonesia.

The first read as follows:

"

Dearycuvsftomer5,../../.
Y0o2ur4 Apple ID1 ways jjufstt uxsed8 to pufrcha0sexBlitz Brigadefrovm thle A5pdpq Stdorge on a compnu5t9er ozrv deviwce th8aet had ngoty prepviopuslytbteienw ***fo8cxiated with t4hat7 Apple ID5:../
If yogu wja6nt tyo virew yomubr pafy6mqenyt hiystonrhyo oracaync5el yovur paymsenytt. Pleasje find th6e PDiF dxocumenta atmtached at this email1 b3y fdoll9owing trhwe0 instructi8ons.

And the second said:

"Foг уοuг ѕаfеtу, уοuг Αррlе ID hаѕ bееn lοckеd bесаuѕе wе fοund ѕοmе ѕuѕрісіοuѕ асtіνіtу οn уοuг ассοunt. Ѕοmеοnе trying ассеѕѕіng уοuг ассοunt аnd mаkе ѕοmе сhаngе οn уοuг ассοunt іnfοгmаtіοn. This the details :

• IP Address : 54.72.72.77
  • Date and Time : 3:53, 25 May 2018
  • Browser : Netscape

We apologize for locking your account because for security reasons.
If you do not perform this action or you believe an unauthorized person has accessed your account, you must login to your account as soon as possible to verify your information."

Is this legit? Or should I just block and ignore them?

[Link Edited by Host]

Posted on May 25, 2018 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2018 10:42 AM

HI,

It's a scam ...

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If you received or acted on a likely phishing message:

If you received a suspicious email, please forward it to reportphishing@apple.com. If you're on a Mac, select the email and choose Forward As Attachment from the Message menu.

If you think you might have entered personal information like a password or credit card info on a scam website, immediately change your Apple ID password.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2018 10:42 AM in response to Sheechiibi

HI,

It's a scam ...

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If you received or acted on a likely phishing message:

If you received a suspicious email, please forward it to reportphishing@apple.com. If you're on a Mac, select the email and choose Forward As Attachment from the Message menu.

If you think you might have entered personal information like a password or credit card info on a scam website, immediately change your Apple ID password.

Are these emails legitimate?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.