Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display & Color Issues with Mac

Hello. I am here to talk about my MacBook Pro again.

It is the same model, 13 inches, from late 2016, and without a Touch Bar. It is now running macOS High Sierra 10.13.4.

Just yesterday (May 24, 2017), I was watching some videos, when I noticed that the colors began to change slightly. It had a sort-of ”thermal camera” effect, since that’s what it looked like.

It would leave and come back. I kept watching it and checked apps to make sure nothing was wrong.

Later, when I was going to try and restart it, the color effect was back, and this time, it was severe. I closed out all windows, and then, I noticed that my desktop background’s colors were a bit off.

The background is a picture of leaves, but at that moment, I saw blue and green leaves, oddly.

Some apps in the dock even had weird hues.

I restarted the computer. At the login screen, I noticed that the background was missing. After I logged in, though, everything was back to normal, as if nothing happened.

I believe this color issue is cosmetic, because no software was affected, and I could perform most tasks normally.

I would like to know more about this, since this is beginning to concern me.

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on May 25, 2018 11:27 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Display & Color Issues with Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.