Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photo Sharing via public link displays in wrong/backwards order

I created a shared album in the Photos app on my Mac to share photos of an event with friends and family. I noticed that once photos are added to the album, you cannot change the order that they appear in. Therefore, I added each photo one by one so they appeared in a specific order.

That looks fine in the shared album when shared with someone who has an iPhone and in the Photos app. However, many of my friends and family do not have an Apple device.

Therefore, I tried using the public link that appears when you choose to make the album public.

However, the photos are displayed in reverse order when viewed in a browser from that link.

What's going on here? Can change this?

My only idea right now is that I should start again, add the photos one-by-one in reverse order to a new shared album and then give everyone the public link, so they see it in the correct order - but only share the link, not invite people to view it on their iPhones.

MacBook Air, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on May 25, 2018 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2018 3:14 PM

You can not change that - you can request that Apple add features - Product Feedback - Apple

LN

Similar questions

1 reply

iCloud Photo Sharing via public link displays in wrong/backwards order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.