Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

possible email scam

I recently received a notification of a subscription renewal, which I had no problem with, but today I received an email titled "Your Subscription Confirmation" which contains an attached PDF file. I was about to open this attachment when I noticed that the "from" field was shown as "App Store <*****@ summary-localdata3.com>". All of my past emails from Apple have been from some variant of "apple.com", so I hesitate to open this attachment. Are my suspicions valid? Or is the from address a valid one, and it is safe to open the attachment?

Thanks for any help!

[Email Edited by Host]

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 8

Posted on May 25, 2018 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2018 9:08 AM

Hi,

Do not open the attachment.

It's a scam ...

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If you received or acted on a likely phishing message:

If you received a suspicious email, please forward it to reportphishing@apple.com. If you're on a Mac, select the email and choose Forward As Attachment from the Message menu.

If you think you might have entered personal information like a password or credit card info on a scam website, immediately change your Apple ID password.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2018 9:08 AM in response to Poliorcetes

Hi,

Do not open the attachment.

It's a scam ...

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If you received or acted on a likely phishing message:

If you received a suspicious email, please forward it to reportphishing@apple.com. If you're on a Mac, select the email and choose Forward As Attachment from the Message menu.

If you think you might have entered personal information like a password or credit card info on a scam website, immediately change your Apple ID password.

possible email scam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.