Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bug in Split View for two Pages documents

After the recent High Sierra update (10.13.4) and Pages 7.0.1, Pages will still work in Split View with other programs like Safari, but stopped working with 2 Pages documents.

With a bit of a workaround, I am able to get Split View within Pages to work once—by clicking System Preferences > Mission Control > "Displays have Separate Spaces" (to unchecked), logging out, logging back in, and re-checking "Displays have Separate Spaces" logging out and logging back in again. Exhibit a:

User uploaded file

However, once I move out of the Split View space, when I try to go back to it, each document will occupy its own space, and, once I get them out of full-screen mode, I am not able to get them back into Split View with the standard click-and-hold-the-green-circle.

Trying to get the two documents to share a Split View after the first success shows the error: "Not Available in this Split View".

User uploaded file

Split View will continue not working (is that a thing?) unless I taking it through the logging-in-and-out workaround. I'm constantly jumping from Pages (and, as a result, ending Split View), so it's not a very useful way to work.

I'd love to know if anyone has found a workaround/solution to this issue.

macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on May 25, 2018 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2018 2:53 PM

Pages 7.1 on High Sierra 10.13.5 will do split view with two Pages documents as expected. I am looking at it right now, so not supposition. As shown here.

Similar questions

4 replies

Bug in Split View for two Pages documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.