Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bogus Invoice

I received an e-mail regarding an invoice for product I did not order. How do I get this cancelled?

Posted on May 25, 2018 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2018 2:39 PM

Check your iTunes Store purchase history, including hidden ones, and if applicable, other people in your family group.

If that item doesn't appear, forward the email to reportphishing@apple.com as an attachment and then delete it.

If that item does appear, change your password and click here.

If it doesn't appear there but shows up on a credit card statement, contact your bank.

(160838)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2018 2:39 PM in response to shirley2721

Check your iTunes Store purchase history, including hidden ones, and if applicable, other people in your family group.

If that item doesn't appear, forward the email to reportphishing@apple.com as an attachment and then delete it.

If that item does appear, change your password and click here.

If it doesn't appear there but shows up on a credit card statement, contact your bank.

(160838)

May 25, 2018 2:40 PM in response to shirley2721

It's extremely likely to be a scam. The whole idea is to get you to click on a link in the email to "Cancel this order", or some other such thing that does not appear on any real invoice from Apple. It will take you to a fake site where they hope you'll enter your Apple ID and password - at minimum. Some even ask for your Social Security number.

Read it carefully. Are there a lot of spelling errors? Or a lot of really bad grammar? These are dead giveaways for scam emails.

Hover over any link on the email so a tool-tip appears, showing where the link actually goes. I would bet it's nowhere near apple.com .

Bogus Invoice

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.