Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing a song listing--How do I select the fields?

I want a comprehensive printed listing of the songs in my library, but the File>Print option only prints song name, time, album, and artist.

How do I select the other columns?

Posted on May 25, 2018 5:05 PM

4 replies

May 26, 2018 1:07 PM in response to turingtest2

tt2, thanx! It worked like a charm to set up a basic spreadsheet.

However, some further manipulation of the spreadsheet entries seems to be necessary:

1) The song file sizes are formatted as text (i.e., "3.9 MB"), not numerical values (3.9). To convert to numeric value:

• Strip away the text " MB" using the search-and-replace function, leaving just the text numbers;
  • Convert the text numbers to their numeric values by using the copy-and-paste-value function;
  • To incorporate the size unit into each cell, custom-format the cells as 0.00" MB"
  • The cell values will now be the numeric file sizes in MB, and can be used mathematically.

2) The song durations are formatted as a time-of-day (i.e., a 4:06 song is formatted as "4:06 AM"). I'm still working out how to convert that back to the actual mm:ss duration. I may have to split them into two columns (min & sec), unless someone else knows a better method.

May 26, 2018 6:49 PM in response to tdjordan

2) The song durations are formatted as a time-of-day (i.e., a 4:06 song is formatted as "4:06 AM"). I'm still working out how to convert that back to the actual mm:ss duration. I may have to split them into two columns (min & sec), unless someone else knows a better method.

Before you do the Paste, make sure that column in Excel is set to format "General." Then it will paste just as it shows.

Printing a song listing--How do I select the fields?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.