Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove a duplicate playlist

I have somehow created Musicals and also Musicals1. How can I remove one without removing all of the music from my device and cloud? Can I delete one w/o deleting all of the music from the duplicate. My playlists are a mess

Posted on May 25, 2018 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2018 11:50 AM

Hello judyfrombettendorf,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding you'd like to remove a duplicate playlist that was created from Apple Music. I know the possibility of deleting music can be concerning. I'm happy help.

If the songs you've added to your playlists have been added to your library, they won't be removed from your device or iCloud when deleting. By default, the songs in the playlist stay separate from your main Library. I recommend checking your library to make sure the songs from the playlist are listed. You can also check your playlists settings using the steps and information in the link below:

Add a song to a playlist in Apple Music without adding it to your library

To delete the playlist open Music on your iOS device. Choose Library > Playlists > select the duplicate playlist > Tap User uploaded file > Delete from Library. This will delete only the duplicate playlist from your devices using iCloud Music Library. The following link has additional information that can help with your playlists:

Create and share playlists

Have a great day!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2018 11:50 AM in response to judyfrombettendorf

Hello judyfrombettendorf,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding you'd like to remove a duplicate playlist that was created from Apple Music. I know the possibility of deleting music can be concerning. I'm happy help.

If the songs you've added to your playlists have been added to your library, they won't be removed from your device or iCloud when deleting. By default, the songs in the playlist stay separate from your main Library. I recommend checking your library to make sure the songs from the playlist are listed. You can also check your playlists settings using the steps and information in the link below:

Add a song to a playlist in Apple Music without adding it to your library

To delete the playlist open Music on your iOS device. Choose Library > Playlists > select the duplicate playlist > Tap User uploaded file > Delete from Library. This will delete only the duplicate playlist from your devices using iCloud Music Library. The following link has additional information that can help with your playlists:

Create and share playlists

Have a great day!

How do I remove a duplicate playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.