Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked out from changing Country/Region

I'm having difficulties trying to change my country region from Australia to New Zealand.

I have tried multiple times on both my phone and desktop to change the current country settings however on both devices I get the same response "You cannot change the storefront information at this time."

This issue has stopped me from purchasing any apps (fee or free) onto my phone device.

Has anyone else had this problem and know the secret to unlocking this problem?

iPhone 5s

Posted on May 25, 2018 8:22 PM

1 reply

May 26, 2018 3:07 PM in response to RhiFromRotorua

Hello Rhi,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you have not been able to change your country region. The following article has information on what you need to do before you can change the country or region:

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

What to do before changing your country or region

1. Spend any store credit remaining on your Apple ID. You must also wait for any pending store credit refunds to process before you can change your country or region. Learn what to do if your remaining store credit is less than the cost of a single item.
  2. Cancel any subscriptions, including Apple Music, and wait until the end of the subscription period to change your country or region. You'll also have to wait for any memberships, pre-orders, iTunes movie rentals, or Season Passes to complete.
  3. Have a payment method for your new country or region on hand. For example, only German credit cards can be used to buy content from the German iTunes Store, iBooks Store, and App Store.
  4. Back up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to iTunes. You might need to temporarily downgrade your iCloud storage until you switch to the new country or region.

If you're a part of a Family Sharing group, you might not be able to change your country or region. Learn how to leave a Family Sharing group.

Best Regards.

Locked out from changing Country/Region

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.