Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hi my ipad is disabledf

I heve in lock my ipad

Posted on May 25, 2018 8:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2018 8:59 PM

Once your iPad is disabled, you are out of options. Your only choice is to erase it and start over.

Connect the iPad to a computer with the latest version of iTunes running. This means to use a genuine Apple Lightning cord and connect the iPad to a USB port on the computer. The computer will have iTunes version 12.5 or later running. You can locate the version number on the computer by clicking on the iTunes menu (top left) and choosing 'about iTunes'. On a Windows computer, you'd choose Help and then About.*

Hold down the power button and the home button:

> keep holding - the screen will go dark

> keep holding - the Apple appears and then disappears

> keep holding - the iTunes logo with the cord on the iPad screen appears.

> let go - Once the iTunes logo is on the screen of the iPad, you can let go of the buttons.

There is a prompt on the computer screen that says there is something wrong with the iPad.

On the computer, select Restore and follow the prompts. This will erase the iPad, and you will lose all of your content and settings.

The iPad will be ready when it says hello on the iPad screen.

*If the iTunes version is older than 12.5, go to http://www.itunes.com and choose the Download button to download the latest version. Install it before starting to restore the iPad.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2018 8:59 PM in response to Gazi4533

Once your iPad is disabled, you are out of options. Your only choice is to erase it and start over.

Connect the iPad to a computer with the latest version of iTunes running. This means to use a genuine Apple Lightning cord and connect the iPad to a USB port on the computer. The computer will have iTunes version 12.5 or later running. You can locate the version number on the computer by clicking on the iTunes menu (top left) and choosing 'about iTunes'. On a Windows computer, you'd choose Help and then About.*

Hold down the power button and the home button:

> keep holding - the screen will go dark

> keep holding - the Apple appears and then disappears

> keep holding - the iTunes logo with the cord on the iPad screen appears.

> let go - Once the iTunes logo is on the screen of the iPad, you can let go of the buttons.

There is a prompt on the computer screen that says there is something wrong with the iPad.

On the computer, select Restore and follow the prompts. This will erase the iPad, and you will lose all of your content and settings.

The iPad will be ready when it says hello on the iPad screen.

*If the iTunes version is older than 12.5, go to http://www.itunes.com and choose the Download button to download the latest version. Install it before starting to restore the iPad.

hi my ipad is disabledf

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.