Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I created a new Apple ID password now my phone does not recognize it and will not let me log on to ICloud or my messages

I am overseas and I do not have cell service, but I created a new Apple ID password several times over now, and my iCloud and I message are now locked and not registering the new password

Posted on May 26, 2018 2:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply
2 replies

Jun 29, 2018 12:37 PM in response to LindseyGreene

Hi Lindsey,

I just had that happen too. I had a pop-up on my phone ask that I verify my identity by entering my Apple ID Password. Tried 3 times without success. I double checked by logging on to icloud on my laptop. no problem. Again tried to enter my Apple password in the pop-up request. no luck. went around the pop-up by going thru SETTINGS, clicking on iCloud. The iCloud login screen appeared. Entered my user ID which is also my (maybe everybody's) Apple user ID, and my password associated with my Apple ID. It worked. I'm in the app so all is good for the moment. I'd like the pop-up to come up again just to try to see if my successful login has corrected the password glitch in the pop-up. Let me know if this works for you.

ELB3

I created a new Apple ID password now my phone does not recognize it and will not let me log on to ICloud or my messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.