Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Weird artefacts on texts

Hello,

I recently upgraded to High Sierra and noticed weird artefacts around texts. Here's an example:

User uploaded file

'Use LCD font smoothing when available' is active. If I uncheck it, the weird artefacts are gone but the text becomes unreadable:

User uploaded file

I have not noticed something like this on Sierra and I'm interested to know if it's indeed a problem or just specific to my machine.

Thank you!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4), Display replaced

Posted on

May 26, 2018 3:15 AM in response to mbakkokom In response to mbakkokom

Does this happen everywhere?

Your example shows a particularly difficult background that contrasts very little with the black text. With a usual whitish background does it show a problem? Just in the Finder, or other applications?

Also, what is your mac model? Retina or not?

May 26, 2018 3:15 AM

Reply Helpful

May 26, 2018 6:41 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1 In response to Luis Sequeira1

Initially, I noticed this flickering on Safari but I haven't seen it again, presumable because of update. I have not noticed any other quirks yet but it indeed struggles on bad contrast.

User uploaded file

My machine is MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4). The display has been replaced due to display problem.

Is this indeed a 'glitch' or something I don't need to worry about?

May 26, 2018 6:41 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: mbakkokom

Question: Weird artefacts on texts