Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

11.3.1 call problems

anyone else not able to hear audio when calling? the person on the other end cant hear me at all either. Before that the call audio would skip like someone was djing my calls

Posted on May 26, 2018 1:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2018 9:41 PM

I have had the same problem since updating to 11.3.1. The speaker button on calls turns grey and no one can hear me nor can I hear them.

Apple replaced my phone and told me this is a known and common issue. Sadly tonight , the new phone that was replaced a couple of weeks ago under warranty has the EXACT same issue. So frustrating.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2018 9:41 PM in response to Jsal11

I have had the same problem since updating to 11.3.1. The speaker button on calls turns grey and no one can hear me nor can I hear them.

Apple replaced my phone and told me this is a known and common issue. Sadly tonight , the new phone that was replaced a couple of weeks ago under warranty has the EXACT same issue. So frustrating.

May 27, 2018 6:28 AM in response to Jsal11

Hi there, Jsal11!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having an issue with hearing callers and not being heard on calls and I’m happy to help! For the issue with not hearing callers, check out this article with steps to follow If you can't hear a person on a call or voicemail or if the sound isn't clear on your iPhone.
For the issue with not being heard when you’re on a call, check out this article to Get help with the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. These articles will give you the best steps to troubleshoot your issues, along with what to do if the issues continue.
Have a great day!

11.3.1 call problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.