Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internal Disk needs repair

My Time Capsule is flashing Yellow and show a status notice that the Internal Disk need repair.

If I click on it and go toe DISK, click on Airport Disk, Archive Disk and next pop up came up asking if I want to Archive my Time Capsule.

I have another Airport Time Capsule connected with LAN and USB to the faulty Capsule but to click on DESTINATION is low lighted and I can choose where to archive my faulty Capsule to.

Any other way to resolve this problem and recover all my data without damaging the Capsule?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), iOS 8.3

Posted on May 26, 2018 1:28 AM

2 replies

May 26, 2018 3:12 AM in response to nvdwatt

You cannot interconnect Time Capsules with USB.. nor can archive use LAN target.. it must be a Mac Formatted USB drive plugged into the TC directly with enough capacity to hold all the data .. or same size as the TC disk itself.

Try just shutting down the TC and letting it cool off for several hours and then start up again. Does the disk error continue??

What model is it??

May 26, 2018 6:17 AM in response to nvdwatt

My Time Capsule is flashing Yellow and show a status notice that the Internal Disk need repair.

If that is the case, then it is unlikely that you would be able to Archive or copy the files on the Time Capsule disk to another hard drive.

Power off the Time Capsule for a few hours, then power it back up.

Format a USB drive in Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and connect it to the USB port on the Time Capsule to see if you can Archive the data to the USB drive.

Do you still see the message that the Time Capsule disk needs repair?

Internal Disk needs repair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.