Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

password for numbers file

I want to protect 1 numbers file with a password, but it just doesn't work. The same procedure in Pages does the trick just fine, but not in Numbers. I'm fully updated, both system and app. Is it a bug? Anyone similar experiences? Or better: solutions?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4), null

Posted on May 26, 2018 1:33 AM

1 reply

May 26, 2018 3:11 PM in response to Yorisz

Yorisz wrote:

I want to protect 1 numbers file with a password, but it just doesn't work. The same procedure in Pages does the trick just fine, but not in Numbers.

Could you describe how you are trying to protect, and what you mean by "just doesn't work"? Are you getting an error message? If so, what does it say?

I just tried protecting a document via File > Set Password... As expected I needed to enter the password whenever I opened that document again.

SG

password for numbers file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.