Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email Fraud

i was sent an email informing me that a purchase in the amount of 49.99 had been for a game app made using my appleID and card. I gave some information to what I thought was Apple to cancel, but then I was locked out of my account. How can o tell if this was a scam? Do you all ask for social security #s to cancel a purchase?

iPhone 6

Posted on May 26, 2018 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2018 6:59 AM

See If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support. Apple don't ask for your social security number, you have fallen for a scam. Try to regain control of your account as given in the user tip. If there is a payment method attached to your account contact the financial institution and ask them to block payments to Apple/iTunes until you have resolver the issue.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2018 6:59 AM in response to Maleficent76

See If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support. Apple don't ask for your social security number, you have fallen for a scam. Try to regain control of your account as given in the user tip. If there is a payment method attached to your account contact the financial institution and ask them to block payments to Apple/iTunes until you have resolver the issue.

tt2

Email Fraud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.