Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac mid-2010 - Bluetooth Shuts Down

Every now and then, I will return to my iMac and cannot wake it up. If I plug in a wired keyboard (luckily I have one) I can work fine. What I see is that Bluetooth is off. Control panel will not turn it on or off - it is as if the hardware is missing. Rebooting fixes the problem - but that is not convenient if you are in the middle of editing or working and have many windows open.

Is there a command line that will restart the bluetooth? Is there a way to see if there is a hardware problem? I was looking for the service to check status, but I am not aware of how that is identified in Darwin for High Sierra.

I feel it is a software issue since Bluetooth actually works fine until it goes missing. I have reset the PRAM and the problem persists. I am curious if anyone else has this problem or if anyone might have tips to help restore bluetooth without the full reboot.

Thank you!

Posted on May 26, 2018 4:58 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

iMac mid-2010 - Bluetooth Shuts Down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.