Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to verify Facebook Internet Account on macOS

Hello,

I'm running macOS High Sierra on a Mac Mini and I am having trouble verifying my Facebook Internet Account.

I have added Facebook in System Properties -> Internet Accounts and entered my Facebook username email address but I get the error message "Unable to verify account name or password" in the password entry dialog box.

I have verified that my password is correct by logging into the Facebook website and I do not have two-factor authentication enabled there.

I have tried deleting the account and re-adding it. I have also tried deleting ~/Library/Keychains/{UUID} and rebooting the computer but nothing has worked.

Thanks, AB

Mac mini (Late 2012), macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on May 26, 2018 6:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2018 5:47 AM

This used to work and now it doesn't on two different machines. I wonder if the new Facebook privacy acknowledgments are messing things up. I can log into Facebook through Safari just fine and on my phone just fine. It's the System Preferences that's not working. Any ideas community? Is this an OS bug?

Similar questions

1 reply

Unable to verify Facebook Internet Account on macOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.