Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

chrome. I keep getting these periodic notifications to upgrade MacOSX or Adobe, and others

I keep getting these periodic notifications to upgrade MacOSX or Adobe, and others.....on Firefox, interrupting what i'm doing ...how can this be eliminated, thank you in advance....

Posted on May 26, 2018 6:59 AM

10 replies

May 27, 2018 9:00 AM in response to SF82

Well, my first guess would be that you possibly either have a setting in Chrome Preferences you should check and/or need to address this with Google (makers of Chrome) if it is strictly coming through on your browser. I've never experienced anything like that, but then I avoid everything Google and have never used Chrome.

You can also check the Notifications preferences in System Prefs to see if they are enabled on Chrome - turn that off and try it.

Can you send a screenshot of one of the notices?

May 27, 2018 3:56 PM in response to SF82

That is advertising (adware) - this one is from MacKeeper (the worst of them all). Since you are using Chrome, I am not sure how to stop that, but you might try to close that tab/window, go to your Chrome preferences and see if you have allowed anything you don't want. You can also download/run Malwarebytes for Mac which will get rid of malware/adware; however, it may return. They will do most anything to help you spend some money.

chrome. I keep getting these periodic notifications to upgrade MacOSX or Adobe, and others

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.