Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB High Sierra Problem

I just bought a Patriot 128 gb Supersonic Rage2 USB 3.0 memory stick and loaded a fresh copy of High Sierra.

I then booted my 2015 Macbook Air with i7 and 8 gb ram.

It takes over 15 minutes to load and then another 8 minutes to login. Once on the desktop, whatever I click on takes between 2-5 minutes to load. I simply clicked on the Apple logo to check About This Mac and it took 4 minutes to load the interface. And so it goes.....

Absolutely USELESS.

Have I done something wrong with the stick preparation or is this typical performance and what I should expect when wanting to load a MAC OS from a USB stick?

My desire here was to load the OS onto the USB stick, transfer over my docs and then when I travel to Europe and Middle East this summer I could use various colleagues computers without having to lug along a notebook. Much easier to protect a USB stick than a laptop!!

Posted on May 26, 2018 9:21 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

USB High Sierra Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.