Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LG Super multi blade not working

My LG Super Multi Blade connects to my MacBook Air, but every disk I try comes up with a message that the disk is not readable by this computer. It always worked in that past, although I have not used it for a while. Any ideas?

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on May 26, 2018 10:04 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 26, 2018 10:10 AM in response to Barbara Force

Some users have reported that they loaded and used the drive manufacturer's drive Utilities, a Bad Idea™.

You need to know that some of these Utilities keep the drives in Windows New Technology File System (NTFS) format, and simulate a MacOS file structure on top of this base. (So that you do not have the "difficulty" of Erasing your new drives.)

Unfortunately, these Utilities are sometimes not updated properly, and MacOS declines to load the older versions. This leaves the macOS Volumes simulated on NTFS drives unspotted and unmountable.

May 26, 2018 12:15 PM in response to Barbara Force

My remarks above condense to: beware of the supplied Utilities and Drivers: they may fail to load, and if that happens, it will give you a surprise. Check online to be sure you have the latest Drivers -- the ones provided in the box will be 6 months or more old.

For Many CD and DVD Readers, Bus Power has often been inadequate, and the drives may refuse to work unless special care is taken. If they provide a power adapter, use it.

The lasers for CDs and for DVD may be different, and can fail independently.

The worst enemy of these drives is DUST. A cleaning CD should be tried as well.

LG Super multi blade not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.