Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot cancel selection of photos in photos app

In photos app I selected about 20 photos to delete. I pressed delete, or so I thought, the photos have disappeared but I seem to have another 30 photos selected, I can't see which ones are selected and "cancel" doesn't work (nor "add to").

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on May 26, 2018 7:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2018 1:50 PM

Hey aileenwaldron,

I hate to hear that you're having issues with canceling a selection of photos. I'll be happy to help out.

Have you tried closing out the Photos app and opening it again? If not, try that now: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If that doesn't do the trick, try restarting the iPad: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know if that unselected the photos, and if you're able to select them normally again. Take care!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2018 1:50 PM in response to aileenwaldron

Hey aileenwaldron,

I hate to hear that you're having issues with canceling a selection of photos. I'll be happy to help out.

Have you tried closing out the Photos app and opening it again? If not, try that now: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If that doesn't do the trick, try restarting the iPad: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know if that unselected the photos, and if you're able to select them normally again. Take care!

Cannot cancel selection of photos in photos app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.